Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Justin Recommends

I like sweet potatoes, but this hasn't always been the case -- even the marshmallow-encrusted goodness of my mom's Thanksgiving sweet potato casserole wasn't enough to tempt me for years and years and years. But now I keep them in constant supply for fries and soup and quesadillas and topping with chili. But I may have gotten a little overzealous as Justin placed a moratorium on sweet potato chowder and peanut butter vegetable soup.

I also like chickpeas, another late addition to my food repertoire and so I've tried to make up for lost time. Chickpeas in salad, in soup, in chili, in hummus, in veggie burgers. So many chickpeas in so many things that my man called a chickpea strike, which I've tried to respect. Mostly. (Because one has to draw a line in indulging her husband's persnickety inclinations. It's true.)

Then I came across this falafel recipe that included sweet potatoes and chickpeas, and I made it for supper without apprising Justin of the situation. He ate it and he liked it. Because it was very, very good. And if you like sweet potatoes/chickpeas/falafel, I suspect you'll like it, too.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yum! I've seen a recipe like that before but I've never tried it. I made traditional falafel before and John requested that I never make it again.

Baked sweet potatoes with mashed up avocado and a bit of red onion, salt and pepper are really good too. Or flat out guacamole.